Apply for a Start Up Loan
- Start Up Loans is a government backed scheme, providing loans and mentoring to individuals in the UK with a viable business idea but no access to finance.
- You must be aged 18 or over
- You must be based in England or Scotland
- The loans are unsecured personal loans and can only be used for business purposes
- We can provide loans of up to £25,000 per person
- Each business founder (partner, director or shareholder) can apply for a separate loan
- Repayments are made over a period of 1 to 5 years and have a fixed interest rate of 6%
- (Please note that you will be credit checked as part of your application for a Start Up Loan.)
The Application Process
Complete the form to the right of this page and we’ll be in touch by email within 48 hours.
If you are eligible we will email you a business plan template (don’t worry, we can help you with this) and a form for some personal details. If you aren’t eligible we will be in touch to let you know the reason.
We will then contact you to discuss your idea and make an initial assessment. We can then help you through the rest of the application process.
About the Loan Repayments
The Start Up Loans Company does not provide grant-based funding. Meeting monthly repayments form a primary condition of the loan agreement applicants accept and sign.
Like other credit commitments, failed Start Up Loan repayments may affect an applicant’s credit record and formal action may commence against the applicant for missed loan payments
If you were to apply for a loan of £5,000, the repayment amounts would be:
|Loan Period||Monthly Repayment|