People & HR
The Human Resources business function has developed in the latter years of the 20th century from the basic ‘Personnel Department’ to an integral part of a business structure. No longer a pure administrative department, Human Resources professionals operate as business partners, managing the staffing levels and costs to deliver the business strategy effectively and efficiently.
Whilst maintaining the standard functions of staff administration, such as payroll, pensions and employment records, other specialist activities include reward and remuneration strategy, legal compliance procedures, staff assessment, development and performance management, and bespoke training. Most importantly, Human Resources professionals put in place the processes and procedures to support effective staff management and to leave other company managers ‘structure free’ to focus on managing the business rather than dealing with the minefield which is current employment legislation.
More detailed information about ibd’s areas of HR expertise may be found by exploring the above links.
Amongst other benefits, Human Resources professionals can help your company:
- Maintain the workforce at the right level to meet your business objectives, either through effective recruitment or through proper management of downsizing and redundancy
- Maximise the contribution of your workforce to meet your business objectives through skills assessment and targeted training activities
- Provide the policy framework and associated procedures to make sure your workforce is treated fairly and equitably and that you are acting as a good employer
- Promote good employment relations through effective communication strategies
Ibd has an active network of experienced human resources professionals who provide a wide variety of business support services. Whether you need advice on handling a discipline problem, support in finding the right candidate for a new job, a review of your organisation and pay structures, an independent job evaluation study, or bespoke training, we can provide specialist support. As your business grows to the extent that you need more permanent human resources support, we can provide interim Human Resources Managers who will have the expertise to develop a job profile and recruit HR staff at the right level for your organisation.
If you have concerns about employment issues and your compliance with current legislation, call or e-mail the ibd head office to be put in contact with an accredited Human Resources adviser near to you. Because ibd is an integrated network of professional business advisers, whoever first visits your company to discuss your issues and to get to know your business will also, if necessary, be able to refer you on to specialist help from experienced fellow professionals. ibd advisers generally build up long term relationships with client companies, whether on a retained basis or because they have a genuine interest in promoting business success.
We want to make it straightforward and simple to engage with ibd advisors:
- The first step is to create a brief for a prospective adviser, whether it is a one-off project or a longer-term relationship that is required.
- Call ibd head office, make contact with an individual or number of prospective advisors with whom you’d like to open discussions.
The timeline for creating a shortlist and taking a decision is dependant on your own company processes. You may want to invite an adviser to your offices so they can get a feel for your business and meet any additional members of our management team.
Need to know more?
If you would like to know more about this specific subject area, please contact the ibd head office on 01223 597845