You may have a great business setup and a fabulous product or service, but without advertising, it may never succeed. Advertising occurs in many forms – in print, online, television, radio, cinema, via sales teams, telemarketing, advocates, networking, sponsorship – the list goes on. For SMEs, above-the-line advertising such as television is usually not an option because of cost, but every business should engage with at least one form of media. If the message is unclear or the choice of media is wrong, it could be a complete waste of money. Get it right and the sales could come rolling in.
Here are some key benefits and features of advertising:
- Businesses that keep advertising regardless of economic times will have a competitive advantage over those that reduce their advertising budgets
- The 3 Rs – Retain customer loyalty, Reduce lost customers, Recruit new customers
- Increase sales, raise profile, create credibility, authenticity and trust
- Direct communication to your target audience
- A strong, captivating and clear message ensures the audience will take action
- Selecting the right media brings greater return on investment
- A ‘big bang’ campaign can bring instant success, or ‘drip feed’ will keep a business front-of-mind for when a potential customer is ready to buy
Whether it’s a single ad or a fully integrated campaign, ibd has advisers, planners and designers experienced in creating successful advertising tailored to suit most budgets. We can formulate the strategy, advise on media planning and buying, design and implement compelling advertising, and ensure maximum value for money. Our advisers are also experienced in creating campaigns globally and in multiple languages.