ibd have a wide experience in legal expertise for business
Business owners will encounter the requirement to get legal expertise at various points in the business journey. Getting the right guidance is essential if the correct decisions are going to be made.
- Intellectual property law: Creating protection against the theft of ideas and unfair competition in the form of Patents, Trademarks and Copyright.
- Commercial and contract law advice: working with businesses on general commercial law and advising on and providing documentation for general day-to-day operations by reviewing and negotiating agreements with partners, suppliers and/or customers. Drafting standard Conditions of Contract with customers and suppliers to eg strengthen their cash flow and minimise their risk
- Corporate finance: working on any proposed acquisition and divestments strategies that may involve financing from private equity houses or angel investor networks or other lenders including the preparation for any flotations
- International advice: advising and assisting UK companies expanding overseas into Asia and Europe through international joint ventures, licensing or distribution arrangements
- Compliance and regulatory work: providing advice on corporate governance rules, developing appropriate policies, systems and training materials for regulation relating for example to the Bribery Act 2010 and other specific regulatory regimes that are peculiar to the businesses.
We want to make it straightforward and simple to engage with ibd advisers:
- The first step is to create a brief for a prospective adviser, whether it is a one-off project or a longer-term relationship that is required.
- Via ibd head office, make contact with an individual or number of prospective advisors with whom you’d like to open discussions.
The timeline for creating a shortlist and taking a decision is dependent on your own company processes. You may want to invite an adviser to your offices so they can get a feel for your business and meet any additional members of our management team.
Need to know more?
If you would like to know more about this service, please contact complete our form. Click Here