ibd Bid and Tender Process
The full process is documented in a Flow Chart and the key steps in the process are:
- Opportunities are published by mass email on most weekdays. Members who are interested in finding this type of work should read these without delay and respond to the Tender Manager by email within the specified deadline (usually + or – 36 hours). Make sure that your reply includes your contact information and a brief description of the contribution you can make. Please also confirm that you have familiarised yourself with the ibd Tender Process by reading these web pages.
- As soon as an expression of interest is received, Bid & Tender Support Ltd (B&TS) create an ibd account if required and download or request the full set of tender documentation. When this is received, the Tender Manager forwards it to all interested parties. From the recipients of this email, you will be able to see which other members are interested. At this point it is helpful to agree on a Bid Leader. Selection of a Bid Leader is a mandatory part of the process, if the team is unable to agree on a Bid Leader then the ibd Tender Manager will assist.
- A member of the STT, in conjunction with the Bid Leader, will arrange a conference call (usually by Skype) with all interested parties.
- The purpose of this call will be to make a bid/no bid decision. Prior to the call, therefore, the bid team needs to determine that it can comply with the tender specification and evaluate the specification to determine whether it meets the team’s criteria in terms of deliverables and compensation.
- If the bid is proceeding then the Bid Leader, in consultation with team members, needs to agree the Bid Timeline with both B&TS and the STT (who will be arranging the independent review). The independent review will read all the tender documents and draft response to ensure that the requirements of the potential client are fully met in the most favourable way. Furthermore, the independent review ensures that there is consistency throughout the whole tender submission as it is often assembled in parts. For a fuller description of the independent review process, see the ibd Specialist Tender Team The final draft response will need to be with B&TS a few days in advance of the published submission deadline. It therefore needs to be with the independent reviewer in time for them to make their recommendations and for the bid team to incorporate these into the final draft. Once agreed, compliance with this timeline is mandatory unless ALL parties agree to a revision. The Bid Leader has ibd’s authority to drop any team member who fails to meet an agreed deadline.
- The Bid Leader will plan and manage the assembly and delivery of the bid response.