A Career with ibd?
Increasing numbers of experienced business professionals are moving from a full-time job into a new career stage based on a portfolio of strategic part-time roles with different organisations. With nearly 50% of people no longer in a full-time position, ibd can provide the career platform to take advantage of opportunities of a career with ibd to build your own portfolio.
ibd is continuously looking for talented and experienced business professionals, executives, managers, mentors, interim managers, non-executive directors, consultants, trainers, facilitators and advisors to become Accredited Members.
If you are interested in a challenging role as an Accredited ibd Adviser, please see below and get in touch – but we only accept the best.
As an Accredited Member of ibd, you would work with MD’s, directors and owners of mainly small and medium-sized companies to enable them to achieve their goals.
Your own experience, combined with our training (where necessary), proven methodologies and ibd’s ongoing support will be the basis to build, or further expand, your own business capabilities.
Depending on your own personal preferences and skills you are free to acquire and support your own clients.
You can also provide your specialist services to other ibd members and their clients.
Within the organisation, there is an opportunity to co-join with other members and form loose or more formal associations.
Assignments differ enormously from one-day workshops to multi-month projects.
Client fees are determined by the Accredited Member in discussion with the client.
As a business professional entrepreneur and accredited ibd member you are able to work as you wish; alone or with others; full time or part time; a specialist or a general mentor; thus achieving the balance in the lifestyle you seek.
An Opportunity for you?
- Do you enjoy being in charge of your own life?
- Do you have the ability to keep a balanced approach even under pressure?
- Do you have a practical hands-on approach to solving business problems?
- Do you have a genuine wish to help people in business?
- Do you have a proven ability?
- Do you have high ethical standards?
If so, this could be the right opportunity for you!
Becoming an ibd Accredited Member provides you with significant benefits in starting, growing and managing your own business. It is also a way of expanding your existing business.
- First class start-up training and support for any new member in all aspects relating to running a successful business
- How to market and sell yourself
- Conversion training
- Proven methodologies to deliver assignments effectively
- Accreditation as an ibd member – a quality benchmark that will prove invaluable in any new client engagement
- A network of like-minded professionals that will supplement your personal skills and expertise. This will enable you to present a powerful all-round offer to your clients
- Marketing support for your business through a strong brand and ready-made marketing materials
- The opportunity to share in quality leads generated by other members and from the centre
- Continuous professional development, not only through regular news updates and regional meetings but also through the ability to participate in a comprehensive programme (CPD) tailored to your individual needs and aspirations
The Next Step
If this is an opportunity you would like to explore then please send your CV to us via the link at the bottom of this page.
To ensure the continuous quality offered to our clients and fellow members we apply a thorough selection process and an ongoing monitoring programme.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is ibd?
ibd is a Limited company established in 2004 to provide businesses with the best help and support available in today’s marketplace. Quality v Size
It is of paramount importance that ibd offers the highest quality of service to clients and to achieve this we provide the most comprehensive support infrastructure for a new member which includes a unique Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme. Although we have over 200 highly qualified Accredited Members there is a strong demand for more. Who are the clients of Accredited Members?
The clients of Accredited Members are, although not exclusively, independently owned small to medium sized businesses (SME’s) with less than 250 full-time employees and include every type of business imaginable. What is an Accredited Member expected to do?
An Accredited Member will review the current position of an SME; which will include problems, needs, concerns, opportunities and plans. This will then be followed up with the appropriate implementation thus adding real value to the client.
Many of our members provide continuous mentoring year on year and others are Non-Executive Directors. It is not uncommon for a member to acquire equity in the SME. (Full training on all aspects can be provided by ibd).
A member does not join ibd, sit back and wait for the work to be handed to them. A member must follow the advice provided in the Members Induction Programme, remembering ibd provides the opportunity and platform to build a successful business.Do I have to work full-time or can I work part-time?
The choice is yours. We have members who want to work 5 days per week and others who only want to work 1 day per week. Some of our members work 6 months in the UK and then go on holiday for 6 months. We have a number of Accredited Members who have taken early retirement and only want to top-up their workload.
It is totally flexible. Would I have to re-locate?
Each Accredited Member is free to work from home, or in a nearby office. Can I take on only occasional work?
The choice is yours.
It is perfectly acceptable to continue to support any existing clients you may have and, for that matter, any new clients you may obtain who have no connection with ibd. Would I be an employee?
Not as an Accredited Member of ibd. However, some of our Accredited Members find executive employment opportunities with their clients. What is the salary for an Accredited Member?
Only employees get a salary. As an ibd Accredited Member, you control your own hours, income and future without the usual controls and politics of employment. What would be my earning potential?
We take great care in establishing your personal needs to ensure that you have every opportunity to fulfil your requirements/expectations. We have Accredited Members who achieve significant amounts in year one, but then there are others who do not. Your earning potential also depends on how much time and work you wish to put in. What is the ibd Continuous Professional Development Programme (CPD)?
We at ibd are committed to supporting our members in their own professional development. We understand that they have different experiences and skills from a wide range of industries and backgrounds. Recognising this, we enable them to develop identified specific skills through our Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme.
The objective of the CPD is to broaden and deepen business skills and knowledge thus enabling our members to offer a more comprehensive service to their clients which ultimately assists in winning more business in all disciplines.
What makes ibd different from other organisations?
- ibd has your interests at heart; the more successful you are, the more successful ibd will become.
- ibd is not a franchise with massive franchise upfront fees. We prefer to have very modest joining fee and then allow the Accredited Member to decide if and what training is required.
- ibd’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is unique.
- ibd have Strategic Partners thus providing you with instant credibility.
- ibd’s selection criteria is second to none
- ibd is a large enough organisation to provide you with the best opportunity to be successful but small enough to have the time and desire to know and understand your real needs.
How is someone selected to become an Accredited Member?
There is a three-stage selection process with appropriate training provided.
- Consideration and assessment of your curriculum vitae.
- Subject to CV acceptability; an information sharing telephone conversation, attendance at a one to one meeting. ibd need to be satisfied that it understands your current situation, your skills and experience and your needs and fundamentally that there is a need for your skills and services in the marketplace.
- Recommendation by the interviewing Accredited Member or Director to the Enrolment Board for final assessment and acceptance.
How can I get more information or be considered for joining ibd as an Accredited Member?
Please send your CV to email@example.com By sending your CV via this link, you consent to ibd screening your CV and holding and processing your data for recruitment purposes.
If successful, ibd will contact you within the next 10 working days.