Business Continuity Planning
It’s one of the most important things that a business can do, but it’s also often the most overlooked. ibd can help you prepare for unexpected events and allow your business to continue should the worst happen.
Business Continuity Planning should be looked upon as a form of insurance policy. It’s important to have, but you hope that you never have to use it. Many businesses have the bare bones of a plan, but fail to regularly test it and keep the plan up to date in line with the needs of the business.
Having a documented and tested recovery plan in place gives you distinct advantages
- Recovery will be faster and more efficient.
- The business will increase its likelihood of survival – Estimates suggest that 6% of organisations that fail to create a plan and suffer a significant data loss will remain operational two years following the occurrence of the event.
- Increase your likelihood of meeting statutory and legal requirements
- Some organisations may see a reduction in insurance premiums, particularly if an organisation can demonstrate to its insurers that it has undertaken sufficient measures to identify and mitigate risks. A documented and tested recovery plan is recognised as being part of the risk mitigation process
- Some organisations may experience an improved credit rating.
- In some circumstances having a plan in place can assist in securing business contracts with key customers i.e. by being able to prove to customers that an organisation will be able to continue operating or provide continuous supply of goods or services in the event of a crisis.
ibd can assist with the writing of your plan. Working alongside the relevant members of your business team, we ensure that the plan is understood and of benefit to all. After all, a Business Continuity Plan that is misunderstood or not accepted by key members of your team, is as useful as no plan at all.
- Business Continuity Advisory Service following the principles laid out in the ISO 22301:2014 Standard
- Business Continuity Policies
- Business Continuity Plans – Assisted or Written in Full
- Business Continuity Testing – Full tests, Selective tests and Desk Based Scenario workshops
Through our trusted partners we can also advise on and provide the following
- Co Location
- DR Replication
- Cloud Services
We also provide consultancy or advice on
- Information Security following the ISO 27001 Standard as a guide
Need to know more?
If you would like to find out more about how IBD Advisors can help you achieve any of the above then contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org