Health & Safety
Health and Safety” Those three words conjure up a variety of thoughts but add Executive and Visit and most companies shudder at the thought. Why? They are not sure they are legal and have all the correct documentation.
With acronyms like LOLER, PUWER, COSHH and DSE it is no wonder a number of Business owners become confused and avoid doing anything.
There have been legal requirements regarding Health and Safety for a number of years. The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 (also referred to as HSWA, the HSW Act, the 1974 Act or HASAWA) is the primary piece of legislation covering occupational health and safety in Great Britain.
The law imposes a range of duties of employers, the self employed and employees. These are expressed as broad general duties in the Health and Safety at Work Act but subsidiary regulations such as those dealing with the management of health and safety and specific health and safety issues impose more detailed legal requirements.
- Do you know your Health & Safety legal requirements?
- Are you legal?
- Can you prove it?
Don’t wait until the HSE knocks on your door. Get help to become legal & safe now!
IBD have the advisers with a wealth of experience and knowledge to help you. Contact us today and start your journey to reduce your worry and become legal.
Here are some typical activities and benefits companies can realise from working with ibd:
- We help Directors of SME’s understand their legal responsibilities under Health & Safety Law and give them peace of mind that they are complying.
- We help the client manage safety themselves, but with our support and guidance.
- We help Directors communicate the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace environment with their staff.
- We assist companies in generating a positive Health & Safety culture within their business.
- We help provide the framework for reducing the risks and occurrences of illness and accidents in the workplace.
- We understand the day-to-day business pressures that enterprises are under in order to operate profitably and generate turnover. We work with clients to minimise those disruptions to daily workplace activities, ensuring that they are carried out safely.
- We recognise that companies need to be able to function efficiently and effectively, but also function safely and with due care for their employees. To this end, we provide practical common sense advice on what they need to do.
At ibd we have a number of advisers who provide sound, common sense advice based on practical Health & Safety expertise and experience gained over many years.
The approach taken by ibd is to offer and undertake a variety of services to ensure your company complies with UK Health & Safety Law. These services will include:
- An initial Health & Safety Audit tailored to your business
- Preparation of your Health & Safety Policy statement and arrangements
- Bespoke training packages for directors, managers and staff
- Site safety inspections every 6-12 months
- Risk Assessor training
- Specific Job-Related Risk Assessments
- Accident investigation/prevention and HSE reporting
- Fire Risk Assessment and Procedures
- Fire Marshall training
- Electrical Safety
- Manual Handling – Risk Assessment and training
- Advice on safe working practices regarding workplace equipment
- Slip & Trip Hazards on workshop floors
- PPE Assessments
- COSHH Assessments
- First Aider Requirements
- Liaison with enforcement authorities over improvement/prohibition orders
- Negotiations with insurance brokers/underwriters to ensure that good safety management standards are reflected in insurance premium levels
- Special ‘competent person’ retainer service