To get the best out of bids and tenders ibd has set up a central support system.
An experienced and very successful bids and tenders support company has been selected to help us find bids & tenders on a daily basis as they trawl 2700 sites. They also personally check the bids match what the client requires. They already work with organisations where there are multiple skills and with both internal plus remote staff. They will do as much as ibd wants them to do, or as little on a tender by tender basis. They are there to support us in getting the right bids, making sure they are correctly written, ticking all the requirements and getting the bid in on time and in the correct format.
We have given them a list of the keywords that we are looking for in terms of bids and tenders plus the values. They feed back to oppertunities to ibd as soon as they are boing posted. these out on the mass email and we will include an indication of who is putting the tender out, the contact requirements, the submission date, value and the location the bid is for.
Bid and Tender opportunities will be put out on the mass email as the same day they are received and we will include an indication of who is putting the tender out, the contact requirements, the submission date, value and the location the bid is for.
There will be some ground rules here for all members;
- You will need to respond within 24 hrs to ibd to register your interest
- If you came across a tender opportunity locally which has not come up and you think we can win this, you must register this with ibd so we can monitor the success/failure
- If you or the group of members you propose to work with have not written a tender before then ibd may well link you with another member or with our Partner company to get the tender written – Note there may be a cost for this
- There will be due dates at various point in the process and you will need to hit these and, for example, the tender must be completed in full 7 days prior the submission date for checking
- Ibd will do all invoicing and credit control on tender work and will pay the member(s) on receipt of cleared fund less 10% ibd tender levy
- Members cannot apply for tenders on their own. You will need to have the business size and credibility of ibd for the tender to be credible
- Ibd may choose to commission the company to write a tender if, depending on member’s availability, timeframes, and due date etc cannot be met and we have a high chance of winning.
The aim of the process is simple – Win more work
This will not detract from regional groups going for tender opportunities, far from it, we expect them to be receiving far more from now on.
Please ensure to get the full benefit from this you have ibd emails enabled on all devices both in and out of the office as the initial window for response is 24 hrs If you are struggling with this then go to http://ibd-server.co.uk/support/contact.html and get connected.
ibd will also be putting out regular updates on what is happing with this plus there will be details on the website. Currently, we expect to receive something like 5 or 6 tenders per month. If we win 50% of those that is a lot of work for our members.