- Business rate appeal
- Business rate management
- Empty property rates
- Business rate relief
- Business rate audit
Every five years the valuations office (VOA) re-evaluates all commercial property rates in the UK. The latest valuation will be from April 2017 based on rental values from April 2015.
The valuation determines how much businesses will pay for their business rates for the next five years and are often incorrect as they can be based on ‘drive-by’ and out–of-date information, rather than on actual surveys that were taken of premises and individual circumstances.
For companies on the wrong scale, they can unnecessarily overpay thousands of pounds over the five-year period, not realising they are eligible for a rating reassessment and/or a rebate if they appeal.
Pursuing an appeal can yield significant savings and rebates whatever the size of your business and there are many different grounds for appeal.
Our specialists can help you with any of the following:
- Business rate appeal – all aspects of the appeal from initial surveys, writing and serving proposals on the Valuation Office Agency through to negotiations and representation.
- Business rate management – on completion of a successful appeal, a revised rateable value or certificate will be transmitted by the VOA to the local council. Our specialists will check the revised statements, rebates and any interest owing to you on your behalf.
- Empty property rates – save up to 75% on business rates.
- Business rate relief – if you are a business with a rateable value of £18,000 a year and above our specialists will help you appeal against any overpayments or incorrect scale charging.
- Business rate audit – our specialists can look at your last five years of payments to identify overpayments or credits due to you
We can assist businesses of all sizes, ask for a free no obligation cost review and retain 100% of the savings!
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. Michael Geduld on 01223 257777