About our Courses
ibd is committed to helping people succeed in business by developing the skills & understanding in enterprise and entrepreneurship they need. We deliver a growing range of qualifications and courses for 16-18s, 19+ adults, apprentices, as well as existing business owner/managers.
ibd has a remit to deliver the whole range of business support, including business training, mentoring, business planning, finance/legal and marketing, among many other areas of specialist expertise, as well as in professional development for business support services.
- ibd Business Advice Group Ltd is an approved delivery partner for IOEE Academy with training providers in all regions of England and Wales.
- The IOEE Academy qualifications are developed to meet UK sector standards in Business Enterprise and Business Support. The courses stem from in-depth research into what successful business owner/managers need to know and understand, and what skills they require.
- SFEDI is the Government recognised UK awarding body for Business Enterprise and Business Support
- IOEE Academy are OFQUAL-recognised qualifications (and thus follow the rules of the national Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)
- IOEE Academy/ibd are also partnered with the only professional Institute for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship in the UK
- IOEE Academy are available for people at all levels of education from Entry level (KS3/ E3 diploma), levels 1-2 (GCSE/ L1 & L2 diploma), level 3 (A level/ L3 diplomas), level 4-5 (Foundation degree/ HND) and beyond, thus offering progression routes into university.
Benefits to Learners
- SFEDI is the fastest growing awarding organisation specialising in enterprise in the UK.
- As SFEDI are the UK experts in Business Enterprise and Business Support, the IOEE Academy professional accreditation will add value to your CV and business credibility.
- All IOEE Academy learners are provided with 1 years free studying membership of the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs.
- The range of SFEDI qualifications is designed to be flexible to meet the wide range of demand within enterprise learning.
- Assessment approaches are based around learners generating evidence and creating a portfolio allowing for a flexible approach to learning.
- IOEE Academy issue certificates within 2 working weeks of a claim being made with most arriving with the centre within 1 working week.
- SFEDI seek to attract public funding for these qualifications to support access for learners.
- You won’t get an automated message system when you contact IOEE Academy; centres are allocated a dedicated UK based Account Manager and Registration & Certification Support Officer to support all learners’ needs.
- All staff members within an organisation directly connected to the delivery of our qualifications are provided with free membership of the Institute of Enterprise and
- Access to SFEDI ‘s Start Up Loan opportunities and support through our partnership with the national Get Started programme run by the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs and access to a business mentor through ibd Business Advice Group Ltd.
Skills for enterprise and employability
On our courses, individuals learn about what is involved in starting and running their own business to best place them to succeed in their chosen industry or career. Enterprise skills impact on all types of employment and our employability qualifications allow people to develop the essential job-ready skills whilst also recognising the need to build on their business and entrepreneurial abilities.
IOEE Academy sector standards describe, in unitised detail, each and every business function necessary to survive and thrive as a small company, from ‘thinking about’ through ‘starting up’ to ‘growing and building’ a small or medium sized enterprise. These units may be readily grouped into enterprise profiles covering key areas of running a small business at every stage of its lifecycle.
The qualifications families include:
- Understanding Enterprise
- Starting Your Business
- Enterprise Essentials
- Business and Enterprise Support
- Enterprise Skills Development
- Enterprise Management
- Enterprise Mentoring
- Social Enterprise
Put simply, ibd’s IOEE Academy courses give you everything you need to successfully run your own business and to support other people as they make this progression.